We have all seen quick excerpts, tips and techniques that are supposed to INCREASE YOUR SALES. That may or not be true, but what is true is that this list of sales techniques seems to be scattered across the vast plains of the interwebs and I want to consolidate them.
Keep in mind that when creating a list this long about a narrow topic, some of the items may appear to be redundant, but they are all published for a reason.
The other thing to keep in mind is the fact that most of the list below is coming straight out of my mind, so if some of it doesn’t make sense to you, I apologize. Most everyone that knows me knows that I speak in idioms. Growing up in the Ozarks is like growing up in a different world with a different language, so if something seems off-base, picture it being said in a upbeat southern accent and I promise it will someone make more sense.
50 Sales Tips and Quotes to Keep you in the Black
- Stay Positive
- Keep on the task at hand
- Be Dynamic in every conversation because there is no such thing as a standard sales call
- Be assertive: Nobody respects a pushover
- Talk less, Say more
- Return every call every time within an hour
- Ask for feedback
- Follow the 80/20 principle
- FOLLOW A SCHEDULE
- Ask for referrals
- Make yourself available; phone, text, twitter, email, fax, ect. ect.
- Reflect on every sale and improve
- Motivate your clients
- Be an information leader IE Know what your talking about
- Stay assertive, but have an accessible personality
- Have a personalized voice-mail
- Picture yourself in your clients shoes
- Practice your sales calls
- Confidence is worth it’s weight in gold
- Customer service is next to Godliness
- Follow-through with every transaction
- Nothing counts unless it closes
- Follow-up; At least weekly
- Sell what you love, the money will follow
- Time-Value-Of-Money is the most important calculation a salesman should worry about
- You never learn a lesson from a Yes
- Salesman or saleswomen should never come in front of sales-team
- Fear controls the lowest earning 90% of salespeople
- Remember that diamonds are found in the mud and mire
- Less talk more walk
- Creativity is one of the strongest sales tools available
- Walk behind the champions only until you build the strength to jump over them.
- Always Be Closing
- Walk your own path to success; old minds think alike
- Never cross the fine line between persuasion and pressure
- An upright person will always win; not because they have largest sale today, but because the sales they have today will generate 3 sales tomorrow.
- It’s better to know the author than to read his text.
- The sale is only as big as you are.
- Common sense is worth 10 times more than memorized technique
- The best sales pitch is worthless without a call-to-action
- Determination cannot be outsources or delegated
- Under Promise and Over Deliver
- Solve Problems don’t Sell Solutions
- Take care of your customers or your competitors will
- Opening a relationship is more important than closing a sale
- Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust
- Samson killed a thousand men with the jaw bone of an ass. That many sales are killed every day with the same weapon
- Your greatest sales tools are your ears. Shut up and listen to your clients
- The Golden Rule of Sales is the Golden Rule
- A salesman, like the storage battery in your car, is constantly discharging energy. Unless he is recharged at frequent intervals he soon runs dry. This is one of the greatest responsibilities of sales leadership
There probably thousands more and if you have any to share, feel free to shoot them to me and I will add them.
Also, feel free to quote me in any of your acceptance speeches, inaugurations, board of directors meetings, ect. 🙂
Good luck out there. Keep fighting the good fight.